Jewelry Care Basics
All of our jewelry is made with 14K gold fill, 14K rose gold fill, or sterling silver. The process of pressure bonding makes the jewelry tarnish & chip resistant, unlike gold plating. A gold-filled finish will not flake off or chip & is tarnish resistant, if properly maintained & cleaned.
How can i keep my jewelry looking it's best?
- Store or hang jewelry away from other metals. Items like metal jewelry hangers will cause jewelry to oxidize.
- Avoid exposing jewelry repeatedly to water
- Avoid spraying oils, perfumes or harsh chemicals on or near your items.
- Do not store in the bathroom, the humidity causes items to tarnish more quickly.
- If possible, store clean items in a ziplock bag (or other airtight container)
How do I clean my pieces when they start to look weathered?
- Mild soap & warm sudsy water. Rinse clean & pat dry with a soft, non-abrasive cloth
- Use a jewelry polishing cloth, like a Sunshine Cloth
- Finally, for especially grungy items, use a cleaner like Tarn-x®
With proper care & precaution, your Nashelle jewelry items will look beautiful for years to come...